Thursday, June 10, 2010

Prime Minister takes action against US media house


Prime Minister Bruce Golding has commenced proceedings to seek redress from the US-based ABC News network stemming from a story it aired recently.
Information Minister Daryl Vaz says Mr. Golding's lawyers have written to ABC News about the story.

“I think a statement was issued by the Prime Minister I think as early as yesterday [Wednesday] and he is pursuing that on a personal basis,” Mr. Vaz said.
The network carried the story late last month at the height of the West Kingston unrest.
The article made claims about links between Mr. Golding and former West Kingston strong man Christopher "Dudus" Coke.


Mr. Golding subsequently denied the story and promised to pursue the matter in co

No comments:

Post a Comment