Former Magnum Kings and Queens of the Dancehall winner Tiki has been baptised.






















Speaking with the star yesterday, Tiki, whose real name is Clovette Harris, said she was baptised three weeks ago at the New Testament Church of God in Palmers Cross, Clarendon.
"It is something I always wanted to do. I was always a God person, even though I am an entertainer. I always go to church. I was just home and I just said I am ready, and went to the church," said Tiki, who won the competition in 2009, alongside Poor and Boasy.


Now baptised, she said she will have to make some changes to her lifestyle and music career.
"A lot of people were asking about the career, but I decided to make the sacrifice, so I will have to put some things on hold and do some things differently. This has always been something that I have wanted to do. If I am to continue, I will have to do gospel too, but I would definitely have to change my lifestyle. I will be out there but giving a different message," said

Negative response











ince her life-changing step, Tiki said the responses have been both negative and positive.
"You have people saying it's a good thing and other people asking about my career. You're going to have people who draw closer and some going far from you. But it is something I decided to do, I wasn't forced," she told THE STAR.

After the end of the competition, Tiki said her career has had its ups and downs. She said she was happy to go on tour overseas, record songs and do a music video.

However, "sometimes you think people have your best interest at heart, but it is not so. I was going through a difficult time after the competition but everything turned out for the best," said the artiste, who had a music video for the song No Gal Nuh Hotter Than Me.
Based on her experience, Tiki had some advice for those wishing to enter Magnum Kings and Queens of the Dancehall and other competitions.

"I need them to know what they are doing and read, 'cause sometimes they are gonna be coming at you and it's really what they can get from it. Don't rush anything at all," she told



source:Jamaican star

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Crazy things women do for men

MAN SHORTAGE AFFECTS CHURCHES IN JAMAICA - Christian women complain of lack of potential husbands