Why an independent women should remain single?

THERE are men who are so disturbed by the fact that their spouses make more money than they do, that a fizzled relationship is inevitable, because they can't deal with independent women who don't see them as breadwinners. Then there are other men who aren't so disturbed, but who are puzzled by the concept of the other 'independent woman' — the one who declares her independence, but still expects favours from men.


For example, women like to be pampered, and there are some of us who will cater to these needs for ourselves. But there are others, who declare themselves independent, but who expect the man to 'help out' still. The question then is, where do we ladies draw the line? When is financial independence too overwhelming and when does financial dependence get to the point where it is just too much for the man to handle?


















To get the views of men, I did a small survey amongst my male friends.




Said Andrew: "I have no problem with my woman making more money than I do. What I don't like, however, is when she constantly asks for things. That is a real turn-off for me."


Marlon said: "Those things don't affect me. As long as we are 50/50 and we are both doing our part, I am OK with it. But you have to also understand that sometimes women tend to belittle us because of this fact, thus creating problems in the relationship, while some of us males just can't accept it. I know of a couple who, when the wife decided to go back to school and she began to earn more than her husband, he couldn't handle it. In spite of the fact that she told him it wasn't a problem for her, the 15+ years marriage quickly dissolved because he couldn't handle the thought of not being the breadwinner of the household."


For many men, whether she earns more and whether he accepts her depends on, as Karey said, "the value of the lady."


"Some may still allow us to be the man in the relationship. At this point it is OK. But in many cases, if she earns more than I do, she may want to be the dominant force in the relationship. My opinion on that is, if you want to work more money than me and be a witch, then be a witch being single."


Stay single?


"Man a man and I don't want any woman have any chat over me," Kenord said. "Independent women should remain single. I speak of the women who go to bars and refuse to have a man buy them a drink. Those women should stay by themselves. For me, there is a difference between a need and a want. I value someone who is independent enough to understand that she needs to be dependent. She needs to let a man be a man. On the other hand, the ladies who ask for everything are very annoying. I am not your father. I am here to provide support, not to be your daddy."


Here are the other responses:

Fabian: "I don't see anything wrong with my woman making more money than I do. In this day and age, women are being cast in higher positions than us males. It's just that as a man, you have to get behind her and give her the support."

Duwayne: "Those things don't bother me. I am comfortable with me and what I make. It doesn't make me more or less of a man if she makes more money than I do. As long as she knows she will have to shoulder more of the responsibilities, I am OK with it. However, for the ladies who believe they should ask for everything, I think they are unfair and I would not be in a relationship with a woman like that."

Ian: "If my woman earns more than me, it would be make things easier. I could focus on taking care of the home with less stress on her personal stuff. She wouldn't have to rely on me for certain things. I most certainly would be happy."


Hughton: "It's not about the amount of money you make that defines your manhood. For those women who are financially dependent, I have no problem either if I can afford it. But at this time, I am really sorry for them because times are hard."


David: "Presently, my woman makes more than I do because she lives and works abroad ... but it's all good."


Damion: "To joke about it, I'll be happy because it means she would expect less monetarily, but seriously, it would not bother me. I believe, however, that she would of course ease the burden on my responsibility to provide for the family as she would contribute more. At the end of the day, we remember that it's me, her or the kids that are a family, not what is provided. If she makes more money and is still dependent on me, that would be a good judge of her character. As my wife, if she still demands the luxury of life beyond what I can














Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magazines/allwoman/Independent-women-should-remain-single_8118020#ixzz1DieQYGah

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Crazy things women do for men

MAN SHORTAGE AFFECTS CHURCHES IN JAMAICA - Christian women complain of lack of potential husbands