Beenie Man says he never apologized- just wants to be left alone



Moses Davis more popularly known as Beenie Man returned to the island on Monday after performing at shows in The Netherlands and in Dubai in the Middle East over the past week.


He took time out to let us know that quote “I never apologized. Jamaican people need to be more literate about life. Five years ago, we stop sing certain songs, and start focus more on dancehall to make it what it is today. I said that they (the gays) should leave us alone, don’t have us up for what we said when were young, that happened 20 years ago, nobody is the same person they were 20 years ago” end quote.

He added “Everybody grow up, but I guess ah August mi born, so mi have to bear the burden fi everybody else. Ah me plant the oak tree that dem use crucify Jesus Christ, and my cow dem kill and make the leather that dem use and beat Him for 13 hours, and ah my hardware dem tek the hammer that dem use and nail up him hand dem, so mi ah go bear the burden dem fi everyone then, ok then.

He explained further that “Look here, I sell music, I do this to send all my youths to school and my grand-daughter because I am a grandfather now. I have to provide for my family. I tell these people that we, as dancehall artistes, don’t hate people, because of what they want to say or do. We don't practise hate, we don't want to kill gay people, we love all members of the human race, regardless of their religion, creed, race or sexual orientation."

 He also addressed the sound system selectors who have been lambasting his decision to do a videotaped statement addressing his beliefs about gays.

"I told them to leave us alone, to try to understand where we are coming from, but still yu have some selectors weh go pon the mike and ah talk a bagga tings. So when the gays dem come  to the dance and want to spend $150,000, you selector bwoy, don’t tek dem money, run dem outta the dance. Dem caan use dem little birdbrain pon me, man ah lion."

"Nuff people inna dancehall who de pon tour now is because of what I said. How much food woulda eat by dancehall artistes out inna the world if I never did this? I am an international artiste with fans all over the world, mi big across the globe, I have to survive inna the real world and take care of my family."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Crazy things women do for men

MAN SHORTAGE AFFECTS CHURCHES IN JAMAICA - Christian women complain of lack of potential husbands