Miss Kitty recently teamed up with US rap superstar Eve on her forthcoming new album Lip Lock.


Radio personality Khadine 'Miss Kitty' Hylton is once again proving that she is multitalented. Miss Kitty recently teamed up with US rap superstar Eve on her forthcoming new album Lip Lock. The album is scheduled for a May 14 release and is Eve's first album in 10 years.

 "Shaggy called me and said that Eve was gonna call me and she called and told me that she had a track for her new album about independent women who are fierce and making strides. She wanted a Jamaican edge to it, but she also wanted it to be authentic and, from yuh talk bout independence, ambition and, working hard - that's me. We nuh inna di sallybug behaviour. We work hard," Miss Kitty told THE STAR.

The song was recorded at Beres Hammond's Harmony House studio and has already been receiving positive feedback.
female edge
"I really appreciate Eve for considering me. On the album, my name is also mentioned and a lot of times artistes don't get the acknowledgement or recognition they deserve. So I really appreciate her for that. I'm happy to have lent a female edge to the song in a positive way. It's a song about independence, not the stereotypical portrayal of how women are cons etc. We a go fi our own, all when we nuh book fi it, we a look fi it," Miss Kitty said.

The video for the single has since premiered on BET. Although Miss Kitty was not featured in the video because of her hectic work schedule, Miss Kitty says she is thankful to Eve for reaching out.
"Big up Eve and big up Shaggy and producer Collin 'Bulbie' York. Big-ups also to my Twitter family because that's how I found out that the song had premiered. I'm thankful for the support of my fans always. Catch me on Link-Up radio in the mornings at 5 a.m. to 9 a.m., at www.linkupradio.com, and check me out on Facebook at www.facebook/thefluffydiva.com."

Miss Kitty is also looking into rekindling a party series at the end of the month. She is working on a TV series and is in the process of ironing out a few details to make her debut in acting.
"Who knows, maybe there will be more collabs in the future. If you want the good Jamaican flavour, just link the Fluffy Diva. I'm practising my 'twanging' for when I hit the red carpet," she joked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Crazy things women do for men

MAN SHORTAGE AFFECTS CHURCHES IN JAMAICA - Christian women complain of lack of potential husbands