Popular deejay Macka Diamond is set to tell all with the debut of her autobiography, 'Grown & Sexy' at her birthday bash this Saturday at Waves Beach in Portmore, St Catherine.














Celebrating her 40th birthday this weekend, Macka told she believes it was the right time to tell all about her life. She said, "The book is just about me, my whole life and what it means to feel grown and sexy. It's telling all about me from the beginning, my struggles, the ups and downs and how I got involved in the industry."
With over 20 years in the business under her belt, Macka says this was the easiest novel for her to write as it


is about her life. Published by Pageturner Publishing, as were her previous novels, in a release sent to, Karl Larmond, Pageturner Publishing House's CEO, was quoted as saying, "Most of those who know Macka know that she is always on the cutting edge, always trying something different, the risk taker of sorts, so here she goes again." Larmond said, "Unlike her previous efforts, Grown & Sexy is not a novel, so it's way different when compared to both Bun Him and 'The Real Gangster'sWife. Those were novels, this effort is more personal, more Macka, this is about her, her musical journey, her views on a host of issues that I am sure many will find to be interesting, enlightening, informative, and maybe even a bit controversial. It's also about the lessons that life has taught her; lessons that she believes she should share; so this can also be considered a self-help effort on Macka's part." According to Macka, there are a few experiences that she shares in the novel that might surprise some of her fans. She said, "You find one and two stuff in there that might surprise people and might mek them think I'm not that down to earth, and let them see me in a different light. But I also wanted to highlight my friends, especially those who have helped me from back in the day. I hope fans will see the ladder I had to climb to get where I am today." According to Macka, the reception to her last effort The Real Gangster's Wife went well and she is anxious for the premiere of her own story. In the meantime however, she says fans can expect a new and more grown-up Macka Diamond for the new year. "This year, I plan to stay away from the mix-up, and stick to a happier environment, and wish all my female deejays well, especially the younger ones. I'm hoping they can stay in the business as long as I have been in it, and I'm happy the women are stepping up their game," she said. Macka says she will be premiering new songs and videos soon, including Mother Man and a 'new sound' for 2011.



source: Jamaica star

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Crazy things women do for men

MAN SHORTAGE AFFECTS CHURCHES IN JAMAICA - Christian women complain of lack of potential husbands