Jamaica artiste Beenie's man recovery going well - 'The Doctor' hopes to return to the stage soon



















For the first time in seven years, Beenie Man is pain free.

He is on the road to recovery after doing hip surgery last month to place a pin in his right hip and a pin in his right shoulder.
Since the surgery, he has been moving around with the help of crutches. "I have been feeling pain for seven years. After performances, my feet would swell up, and I would feel extreme pain in my bones. I was born with sickle cell, and years of playing football and getting tackled, and the bruk foot after the accident, I was just in severe pain and I couldn't take it anymore," said Beenie. He said that the doctors diagnosed him as having osteoporosis, a disease of bones that leads to an increased risk of fracture. Beenie Man's rastafarian religion also affected the amount of calcium he ingested and made his bones brittle. He broke his hands on more than one occasion over the years. "I don't drink milk, and I don't eat cheese, so I missed out on a lot of calcium over the years, so right now, I have to be eating more soy to raise my calcium intake," he said. People who are affected by osteoporosis have to undertake lifestyle changes such as diet and exercise, as well as preventing falls. Medication includes calcium, vitamin D, bisphosphonates and several others. pain free "Right now, I am pain free since the operation and looking forward to my return to the stage. My fans can look out for some full length performances, no 45- minute ting, full, full performances. For seven years, mi feel some terrible pain after the performances but I never complained, it is not the fans' dem problem, but mi glad say mi deal wid it ... and this year, mi ah go de everywhere, Africa, the Caribbean, Europe, and hopefully the US," he said. He said that he has been getting a lot of enquiries via Facebook regarding his return to the stage. "They are awaiting the return of the Doctor and once the doctors give me the go ahead, mi ready fi the road again," he said. "The time off allowed me the time to settle and think about life, spend time with D'Angel and Marco Dean ... mi still hot and mi can take time off, it's good." During the enforced six-week layoff, Beenie Man has been keeping himself busy writing singles, shooting videos for his 'Beenie and Friends ' rhythm medley and doing a host of new songs. "The video for me and D'Angel doing Time of My Life will be released this weekend, and I have two new songs with Seanizzle with my new artiste, Pretty Kitty, and a new single on my own label, Lift Up and Shift ," he said. The singles featuring Pretty Kitty are on Seanizzle's latest rhythm project, and are titled Plum Plum and Joy to My Soul . Beenie Man also has a new video for a single called Emergency Doctor featuring UK-based recording artiste Princess Rebel. "The video with Princess Rebel bad, and the single is quite funny, people are going to love it," he said. Beenie Man also revealed that his management team will be applying for a US work permit soon so that he can tour to support his upcoming King in Control album for Universal Music Group. "I will have to tour to support the album so by April, I should be in the US," he said

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Crazy things women do for men

MAN SHORTAGE AFFECTS CHURCHES IN JAMAICA - Christian women complain of lack of potential husbands