Fans attack Asafa Powell on Facebook Athlete says he has no control over destiny


Former 100m record holder Asafa Powell, who has ended his track season early due to an aggravated groin injury received during the 100m finals at the Olympics in London, has been receiving tongue lashings from a number of persons on the social media site Facebook


Powell pulled up during the race and eventually ended in last place with a time of 11.99 seconds. His fellow countrymen Usain Bolt and Yohan Blake won gold and silver medals, respectively.
But despite Bolt and Blake's medals, some Jamaicans on Facebook yesterday blasted Powell for what they described as his poor performance, and for the explanation he gave following the race.

Asafa syndrome
One comment on the popular site read, "Nothing is wrong with people being themselves but to create constant excuses is not a good thing for anyone. I think in Jamaica we have something called the Asafa syndrome, this is when someone gives a lot of excuses for failing instead of just accepting that you have failed."
Another comment read, "Mi boss need fi find Asafa cause Asafa can act."
In a response to the message, the injured Powell yesterday also took to his Facebook fan page to address persons who have been disrespectful to him.

He wrote, "I ask one thing of all the persons who are making negative remarks about me. I can understand that and appreciate the fact that you expected me to medal, however, I have zero control over destiny."
He went on to further state that; "I do ask one thing though, please do not come on my page and disrespect my loyal and genuine fans who support my cause and justify my existence. Enjoy the rest of your day. One love 4 life!"

Following the injury, Powell did an ultrasound and an MRI. According to his agent, Paul Doyle; "the ultrasound has shown that there are new damages to the adductor muscles and also some scar tissues damaged from an old injury in another area."
Powell was also set to perform in the 4x100 relay this weekend.
Source:http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/20120807/news/news1.html

Comments

  1. You should be a part of a contest for one of the most useful sites on the web.

    I will recommend this web site!
    Visit my web site - chelsea transfer rumours transfer news

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Crazy things women do for men

MAN SHORTAGE AFFECTS CHURCHES IN JAMAICA - Christian women complain of lack of potential husbands