Bolt is a model athlete - World's fastest man launches Jamaica's Olympic 2012 kit


USAIN BOLT was the centre of attention again in London yesterday afternoon. Fresh from storming back to form by winning the 100m at the Rome Diamond League meeting in 9.76 seconds on Thursday, the world's fastest man was in attendance as the Jamaica Olympic Association and PUMA yesterday launched the Jamaican team uniforms for the London 2012 Olympic Games, including podium and ceremony wear.


Fashion designer Cedella Marley, daughter of reggae icon the late Bob Marley, unveiled her designs alongside the sprinter.

Bolt, the reigning Olympic champion, said: "Preparations for the Games are going well. I've just got to keep working hard."

When asked if he could go any faster, he told host Trevor Nelson: "That's what I do!"
"The season has only just started and Tyson [Gay] has not run yet. I can run faster but there is a long way to go. I'm just looking forward to the competition but I'm ready to go."
Confidence not shaken

Bolt was disqualified from the final of the men's 100m at the World Athletics Championships last year as compatriot Yohan Blake took gold. The incident has clearly not shaken his confidence.

"I've never doubted my ability. Every athlete has a bad day whether it be football, cricket or basketball. Last year was one of mine but I'm just looking forward now.

"This is the home from over the Atlantic for me. I'm looking forward to competing. I know all the Jamaicans living in London are looking forward to it as well. I'm coming over to put on a great show as always."
Marley's designs will be worn by the entire team (men and women). Marley, the eldest daughter in the Jamaican family dynasty, underscores the brand's long-time commitment to the Caribbean nation, with its rich cultural heritage, global music contributions and its unparalleled dedication to athletics.
"It is truly an honour to design this collection for my home country and my home team," said a visibly proud Marley.

"It's not even a dream come true because it's something I never dreamed would be possible.
"I ran track in high school in Jamaica and I'm still a huge fan of Jamaican athletics, so to have a role in creating the outfits for our Olympians is a thrill."
 Source:http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20120602/sports/sports1.html

Must Buy For 2012 London Olympic Games

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Crazy things women do for men

MAN SHORTAGE AFFECTS CHURCHES IN JAMAICA - Christian women complain of lack of potential husbands