Popcaan explain why he did not visit Vybz Kartel

Visiting Vybz Kartel:
Since his incarceration I have not visited Vybz Kartel, nor have any members of the Portmore Empire visited him to date. In September 2011 it was explained to us that only family members were allowed to visit at set times once a week.  On several occasions when I enquired about visitations I was told that this was not advised. Later Vybz Kartel communicated through letters that I should focus on my career and stay away from the police. All our communication has been focused on updates on my career, my song releases and stage shows and general discussions as one would express in the present situation. Up until May 2012 when the Portmore Empire was dissolved we maintained a business relationship.

I am grateful and am loyal to Vybz Kartel for the opportunity of working with the Portmore Empire, for everything I learned from him about the music business, life, friendship and family. He is a brother, a father figure, “mi real chargie”. He has influenced and will continue to influence my career as one of my favourite artists and from the day we met at the Chromatic party ‘My Scheme’ in Portmore in 2009 to collaborating on hits like Clarks, Hot Grabba, Never Fear Dem and other songs.

I look forward to working again with Vybz Kartel and will be checking with producers to see what previously recorded material they may have that I can include on my album which I will start working on soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Crazy things women do for men

MAN SHORTAGE AFFECTS CHURCHES IN JAMAICA - Christian women complain of lack of potential husbands