Chat with Dj Left Side















Stage Name: Leftside
Real Name: Craig Parks
Birth Month: June
How did you get started in the business?
Leftside: Well, I grew up in a very musical home with my father Lloyd Parks (Lloyd Parks And We The People Band) so I've always had great love for the music. Seeing my father playing for so many great artistes, I decided I wanted to be a part of it.
I started off by playing drums at the age of four years old. I also played drums in my father's band when I was 17 years old. I was a part of it for five years. Then I started making rhythms, that's when a lot started to happen for me. I made tracks for Elephant Man, Bounty Killer, Sizzla, Vybz Kartel etc.



What has been your greatest challenge in the business yet?
Leftside: My greatest challenge was when I went solo from the group Leftside and Esco.

What have you been up to lately?
Leftside: Well, my record label (Keepleft records) has been doing very well, locally, and mostly internationally. I have two artistes on the label, Keida and Syon. My latest project is the 'Unconditional' rhythm, which has two tracks. Unconditional by me (Leftside) and the next track is Trouble by Keida.

Do you look up to any specific artiste and why?
Leftside: Well, I would have to say Shaggy! Simply because he shows hard work and he will never turn down an interview, which is important to any artiste promo-wise. He has good work ethics.

Are you happy with the way things are going for your musical career right now?
Leftside:I'm happy but not comfortable, because there will always be room for improvement and we learn something new everyday. There is a lot I have not achieved as yet so I am still working hard.

Do you have any advice for young artistes coming up?
Leftside: Stay focused and stay true to the sound of Jamaican music, whether dancehall or reggae, and remember it starts with the love for the music.

Where do you see yourself in the future?
Leftside: In movies! Acting. That's after the Grammys and Keepleft Records being a crossover label.
-Krista Henry





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Crazy things women do for men

MAN SHORTAGE AFFECTS CHURCHES IN JAMAICA - Christian women complain of lack of potential husbands